You are getting ready to plan one of the most exciting days of your lives; your wedding. Our Wedding Checklist is designed to help you plan and organize everything you need in order to make your wedding day absolutely perfect.
12-18 Months Before Your Wedding
- Determine a potential wedding date and ceremony time
- Meet with and book a wedding Officiant
- Set a wedding budget and determine where you are going to allocate your money.
- Draw up your initial guest list
- Select and book your banquet facility and wedding co-ordinator.
- Choose your bridal party
- Shop for a wedding dress, shoes and accessories
- Book your DJ ( a professional DJ is important for your wedding day. Your DJ makes the party happen so be sure to ask for references before you decide on one), musicians or any other entertainment for your ceremony and reception
6 – 9 Months Before Your Wedding
- Meet a decorator and look over options for your wedding decor
- Select and book your mode of transportation for yourself and your wedding party to and from your ceremony and reception
- Determine final guest list
- Choose and book a florist
- Select or create invitations and programs
- Shop for Bridesmaid dresses and accessories
- Shop for your wedding bands.
- Meet with the Black Diamond Golf Club wedding coordinator and decide on your menu.
- Determine what your guest favours will be and order or make them
- Check marriage licence requirements.
- Organize and host a Jack and Jill for your wedding
4 – 6 Months Before Your Wedding
- Decide on your speakers for your reception – Master of Ceremonies, who will say Grace etc.
- Make sure the groom and groomsmen have picked out and ordered their attire
- Finalize your guest list
- If applicable- Choose readers and passages for your ceremony.
- Finalize your order with the florist.
- Finalize your menu with Black Diamond Golf Club
- Begin to make arrangements for your hotel room after your reception. It is also an opportune time to book a block of rooms to accommodate out of town guests
- Complete all wedding invitations
- Schedule fi ttings for all bridal attire. Make sure you bring your Bridal Shoes with you to your fitting!
- Order your wedding cake
- Be sure to order or purchase your garter, knives & servers set
- Get your guest book or whatever unique idea you have for your guests to sign.
- Consult with your Officiant to plan your wedding ceremony.
- Arrange rehearsal detail with Black Diamond Golf Club
- Be sure to have Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed and Something Blue
2 – 3 Months Before Your Wedding
- Confirm the wedding details with the DJ, Musicians and Officiant.
- Have your programs printed.
- Purchase gifts for parents and attendants.
- Book appointments for a trial run of your hair and make-up.
- Schedule final dress fitting…bring your shoes
- Organize and make arrangements for rehearsal dinner.
- Apply for a marriage licence
1 – 2 Months Before Your Wedding
- Plan your rehearsal dinner.
- Verify all details with your fl orist, transportation, photographers, decorators etc.
- If applicable, fi nalize honeymoon details
- Bride: Start wearing your wedding shoes on a daily basis to work them in
2 – 3 Weeks Before Your Wedding
- Confirm guest numbers with Black Diamond Golf Club. Notify Black Diamond Golf Club of any food allergies or special food requests.
- Contact any guests who have not yet replied to your invitation.
- Make any partial payment required to Black Diamond Golf Club.
- Pick up gown and Bridal party dresses
- Verify accommodations for out of town guests
- Prepare seating plans, individual seating cards and seating chart
- Pick up wedding bands and make sure they fit
- Be sure the groom and groomsman have the right size arrtire
- Book facials, waxing and any other esthetics that are required
- Draft the speeches.
- Finalize reception details.
- Deliver song lists to musicians or playlists to DJ.
1 Week Before Your Wedding
- Determine the order for the procession.
- Confirm accommodation reservations.
- Pick up the attire for the groomsmen.
- Confi rm transportation details.
- Deliver your marriage licence to the officiant.
- Deliver all supplies including seating plan, favours, centre pieces, name cards etc, to Black Diamond Golf Club.
- Choose someone to return any rented items after the wedding.
- Pay any outstanding balances with Black Diamond Golf Club and any other suppliers.
- If applicable, finish packing for your honeymoon.
The Day Before Your Wedding
- Treat yourself and your bridesmaids to a manicure and pedicure
- Touch base with Black Diamond Golf Club to be sure everything is in place for wedding
- Make any final payments.
- Have your rehearsal
The Day of Your Wedding
- Wake up, take a deep breath, enjoy your day (it goes by very fast)
- Eat a yummy breakfast
- Get your hair and make-up done.
- Transfer your engagement ring to your right hand or have your Maid of Honour wear it for you.
- Be dressed and ready for photographer/videographer approximately 2 hours before the ceremony or according to your arrangements.
- Be sure the best man has the wedding bands.
- Present the attendants and parents with their gifts.
- Relax and enjoy your special day!
After Your Wedding
- Make a gift list and send out your thank-you notes.
- Send thank-you letters to suppliers and attendants.
- Arrange for cleaning of your gown.
- Enjoy your new life together.
- Remember to Live-Love-Laugh each day.
- Congratulations you are now married.